Week 9 Discussion 1 (Maximum Half Page OR half Paragraph)
“Proposals” Please respond to the following:
1. Assess what makes a proposal more challenging to write than other forms of technical writing covered in this course.
2. Determine when you might present an informal proposal as an email. Provide an example to illustrate your point.
Week 9 Discussion 2 (Half Page)
“Writing Proposals” Please respond to the following:
1. Deadlines are often associated with writing proposals. Determine where or what specifically can be “skimped” on when writing a proposal in order to meet the deadline.
2. Imagine you are asked to write a proposal for a new software application that you and your supervisor see adding value to the entire organization of about 1,000 people in three separate locations. Prepare a heading outline for a formal proposal that will be submitted to your supervisor’s manager for consideration.
Week 10 Discussion 1 (Half Page)
“Future Technical Readings” Please respond to the following:
1. Review the strategies for technical reading and discuss which one will make the most impact for you in future classes and for work.
2. Describe the technical documents you anticipate reading in your future career (or current career). Then, discuss at least two tips from this chapter that you can apply to those readings.
Week 10 Discussion 2 (Half Page)
“Tech Writing Tips” Please respond to the following:
1. Evaluate all the Tech Writing Tips to determine which you feel is the most valuable to technical writers in general.
2. Explain which tip in particular seems the most obvious to a technical writer. Provide your reason(s). Then, speculate why it was included.
Discreet Math (Week 9 Discussion) Half paragraph
“Discrete Probability” Please respond to the following:
1. Analyze one application where discrete probability can be used to solve a problem. Provide an example with your response.