Windshield Survey Assignment Guidelines (Turnitin Assignment)
A. Windshield Survey
The Windshield Survey is comprised of general qualitative observations that give you a snapshot of the community that you can capture as you drive/walk through the community. The demographic data can be obtained online, through the public library, county or township administration buildings. Please address the following in a narrative format following APA guidelines:
1. Geographical description
• Boundaries, geographical, political, or economic, how is it seen.
• Housing an zoning
• Sign of decay
2. Health Resources
a. Type of services available: health department, private MD, dentist, hospital clinic.
b. Pharmacy, health promotion, mental health
c. School and occupational health services
d. Official and voluntary services
e. Self help and support groups
f. Service organizations, faith-based programs
g. Stores (grocery, retail, drug, dry cleaning, etc.
3. Citizen safety and protective services
a. Police and fire
b. Shelters for victims of abuse
c. Others: neighborhood watch etc.
4. Services provided by senior citizens senior centers, meals on wheels, transportation, day care, long term care.
a. Parks and recreational areas
5. Community welfare services beyond city/state aid as provisions for emergency food, shelter and clothing.
– Assignment must be presented in an essay style using APA format in the required Arial 12 font with minimum of 1000 words.
– (3) References