For this assignment, you will analyze a research study that was published in the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication.
This study is typical of how communication research findings are presented in scholarly journals. It follows a set pattern that all research studies in the empirical tradition follow, so you will look more at its “structure” than its content.
Write a 1,050-word essay in which you describe the study based on the major headings used in the article. Make sure your essay includes answers to these questions:
* What is a literature review? What does it do?
* What terms are defined?
* How many hypotheses are there?
* Where does the Research Methodology appear in the study?
* How many cases or subjects were there in the study?
* How many hypotheses were supported by the data?
* Where are the “conclusions” given in the research paper?
Finally, analyze what you learned about the study. Based on what you have read in our course content, was this study well designed? Why or why not? Make sure to support all your claims with directly quoted, summarized and paraphrased material from your course resources that you have properly cited with APA-style in-text citations and end-of-text references.