W1A1: Professional Goals
Developing professional goals is critical to guiding your career and transitioning to become a practicing NP. The goals that you develop should be SMART. SMART goals are: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-specific (Massachusetts Institute of Technology Human Resources, n.d.). Keeping your goals SMART will increase your chances of meeting or exceeding your professional career goals.
For this Assignment, you will identify three short-term and three long-term goals. You also will explain how each goal relates to your professional career development and how you might achieve each of these goals.
References: use these source and 1 or 2 more.
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Human Resources (n.d.). SMART goals. Retrieved from http://hrweb.mit.edu/performance-development/goal-setting-developmental-planning/smart-goals.
2. Paul, R., & Elder, L. (2013). Critical thinking: Tools for taking charge of your professional and personal life. Pearson Education.
To prepare: Due Nov.22.2017
· 1. Review the SMART Goals Learning Resources
· 2. Consider professional goals that you might select to help focus on your transition from RN to NP practice
3. For this Assignment, write a paper that is (1 &1/2 )pages long that addresses the following:
· 4. Identify at least three short-term goals (1-2 years)
· 5. Identify at least three long-term goals (3-5 years)
· 6. Explain why you selected each goal and how they relate to your professional career development (Family Nurse Practitioner).
· 7. Create a strategic plan that explains how you might achieve each of these goals
· NO PLAGIRISM
· Please cite scholarly references/source of your info
· 2 pages
· 3-4 References.