Policy Analysis Paper (30% of final grade)
Policy Analysis Paper Guidelines
Purpose: To investigate & integrate knowledge of advanced nursing practice, scholarly inquiry, & leadership by examining a policy at the level of clinical practice, health care systems, or public/social health policy. Students are to submit a paper between 7-10 pages long excluding title page and reference pages. Paper must be organized according to the guidelines below and should include all the identified sections as required. Paper must be completed in APA format and contain current scholarly sources dated from 2010 until current.
Introduction 10 points
▪ Generally define & describe the policy issue to be addressed.
▪ Identify the purpose of analysis, the targeted level of policy (i.e., clinical
practice, health care systems, or public/social health) & significance of topic. ▪ Identify questions the policy analysis is intended to address.
Discussion 20 points
Conclusion 5 points
▪ Summarize findings & recommendations of analysis
▪ Identify questions to be addressed in future studies or policy analyses.
References 5 points
▪ List all references cited in paper. Must be completed in APA format.
▪ Table displaying results of analysis, including, for example, a list of alternatives & the degree to which each alternative may be most effective. Other tables & appendices as needed to support analysis.