How would the same characterizations made in Syria be applied to chlorine use and homeland security in the U.S.?July 27, 2019
Any actual situation should be presented as a hypothetical one, with any names and other identifying information changed for anonymity.July 27, 2019
Featured, below, is the Module #2 Assignment, as well as attached handouts to assist you with completing this assignment. Please refer to instructor’s course materials or Sayre’s Chapters 3-15 & 21-27 (themes) or Gateways in Art, Part 1, Part 2, & Part 4 prior to completing and submitting this assignment. Don’t forget to review PPTs featured in Module #1.
- Perform a Formal Analysis, Interpretation, and Critique of an original public art form located within the vicinity of the town where you live, attend school, or work.
- Role-Play as an Art Critic to enhance Critical Thinking & Visual Literacy skills.
- Review Course Content:
- Module #1 PPTS (useful for this assignment)
- Module #2 Introduction Materials and Course Textbook.
- Academic Research & Writing Resources (Start Here Module).
- HCCS Library Online Website (Start Here Module).
- Select one original Representational or Abstract “public” art form, located on the premises of a University or Community College Campus (HCC or alternate campus), where you work, or in the vicinity of the town where you live, in order to complete the Module 2 Assignment. Read Warnings, Below:
- Do not select a famous artist’s composition located at a museum or art gallery
- Do not select a work created by yourself, friend, family member or acquaintance
- Do not select a “Non-Representational/Non-Objective” art form or you will not earn points for this assignment (Abstract subject matter is not the same as “Abstract” style art). Review Instructor’s PPTs & Course Text for examples.
- Do not select a “replica” of a famous art form or you will not earn points for this assignment (for example, a poster replica of “Starry Night” by Van Gogh or an original composition created by a famous artist whose work is located at a museum)
- You must include visual imagery with this assignment:
- Take digital photographs of the art form selected, as well as yourself next to the chosen art form (required to earn any points)!
- Photos must include entire composition (not partial view)
- Insert these digital images into your assignment document or you will not earn points!
- You must cite sources, as well as include a bibliography, if you’ve consulted the course textbook, an alternative textbook, or online resources to complete this assignment!
- For example:
- Course textbook terms, concepts, or visuals
- Online research related to assignment (terms, concepts, visuals, artist’s biography…)
- Refer to sample assignment for example