Week 5 Assignment 2 Task 3.
Week 5: Week 5 – W5 Assignment 2
Assignment 2: Course Project Task 3
“In this week, you will build on the analysis done in the previous weeks to create a quality management plan. Use the three steps of the Shewhart Cycle—Do, Check, Act—to complete your quality management plan.”
“Create a “balanced scorecard” and a “dashboard” specific to the areas of improvement in your quality management plan to describe performance measurement tools that are broad in scope but summarized in a few key indicators”.
Using the selected healthcare operating unit, create a specific dashboard for an operating unit of a healthcare organization.
On the basis of identified weaknesses, the improvement implementation plans, and your knowledge of the unit:
(1) Create four categories of measurement. They must include both clinical and financial categories. Describe the categories and write a justification for each.
(2) For each category, create at least three specific performance measures. For each measure, describe how it is calculated and where the data can be found.
(3) Explain how the performance measures may change if the unit of analysis is the organization as a whole and not a specific operating unit.
In addition, present a 5-page plan addressing the following quality management plan controls:
(1) Discuss issues to be considered with the implementation of the improvement program.
(a) Staff acceptance of change
(b) Implementation time frame
(2) Discuss issues involved in the collection and analysis of data.
(b)Data analysis process
(3) Identify and describe a desired outcome of the quality improvement plan.
Compile all your course project work into a quality management plan report. The report should be a 15-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style. You need not use any template for the report; design it on the basis of the specific issue you have selected.
On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
By Saturday, April 30. 2016, submit the report to the W5 Assignment 2 Turnitin.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Designed, described, and justified four categories of measurements for a selected healthcare operating unit.
Designed three performance measurements for each category, described the calculation, and identified sources of data for each.
Estimated the change and procedures in performance measurement for the organization as the unit of analysis and discussed issues in the collection and analysis of the data.
Discussed issues in the implementation process and described the outcome of the quality improvement plan.
Created a quality management plan report with all components.
Presented information in a logical structure. 30
Selected and cited authoritative sources of information. 30
Displayed accurate writing style, spelling, and grammar. 30
Applied APA standards in citing sources. 30
rubric for this assignment.