In 400 wordsDiscussion Topic:
Assume you are working with an implementation team in installing a new nursing documentation system for a home health agency. Historically, all of the agency’s nursing documentation was recorded in paper form. The agency has little computerization beyond basic registration information and has no IT staff.
Members of the implementation have made recommendations for installing a new nursing documentation system. Included in the list of recommendations are:
- The system needs to take into account the State Nursing Practice Act.
- The system has to include reflect state laws governing the scope of nursing practice.
- Nurses should be involved in the workflow setup for all medication tasks, including:
- drug interactions
- medication failures
- There should be visit notes template that both nurses and doctors have to approve.
- Will there be specific notes that only the nurses will approve?
- Nurses would like to determine how telephone calls are entered into the system.
Create a post, explaining fully, your answer to the questions below.
- Based on the information learned in the unit readings, would you include the nurse’s recommendations or do you have recommendations of your own? Justify your decision with supportive material.