PAPER ON DISEASE PROCESS INSTRUCTIONS
The focus of this course has been the structure and function of the human body. A disease process results when there is a disorder of this structure or function.This paper will be a 1050-1,200-word research-based paper in current APA format focusing on a disease process of your choice. The paper must include at least 2 scholarly references in addition to the course textbooks and materials. The disease chosen must involve at least three organ systems and the effect of the disease on these systems must be detailed in the paper. When discussing the treatment, describe how science equips humans (scientists and physicians in this case) to participate in God’s redemptive work. The effect of the disease on the body’s efforts to maintain homeostasis should be addressed, as should all other given parameters.
Content and Outline
Use the following headings when writing your paper. Each point on the outline below must be a separate section (with the section heading in APA format) within your paper.
• Indicate the disease to be discussed
• Indicate the organ systems affected
• Provide a brief overview of disease
• Describe disease process
• Explain disease effect on organ systems
• Discuss effect on homeostasis and the body as a whole
• Outline how the disease is diagnosed
• Include common symptoms
• Discuss the main causes of the disease
• Discuss treatment and management of the disease
• Describe how science equips humans to participate in God’s redemptive work
• Outline steps for prevention of disease (if possible)
• Provide a summary statement for your paper.
• Do not introduce new material in your conclusion.
This paper must be 1050–1,200 words. Do not exceed this word limit. The title page and reference page do not count toward this word total.