Write a comprehensive medical report on a disease we have studied up to this point.July 2, 2019
The student will choose a topic within which to develop a comprehensive assessment system.July 2, 2019
Casey is a 17-year-old high school student admitted to the ER with a compound fracture of the left leg obtained when falling at the local skateboard park while practicing for a national competition. He has never been hospitalized before. His mother has been notified and is on her way. The EMTs gave him morphine and he reports his pain level as “okay.”
- What part of the interview and examination can be done prior to his mother’s arrival?
- As you enter the room for the first time, what should you observe as part of the general survey?
- As you complete his history, what areas are especially important?
- What are the important developmental considerations for Casey?
- APA FORMAT REQUIRE
- Jarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
- Chapter 4: The Complete Health History
- Chapter 9: General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs
- Chapter 31: Functional Assessment of the Older Adult