1) Find one association, one corporation and one government agency (that has future meetings and events posted online) that is of interest to you on the Internet and answer the following questions:
– What is the name of the association, corporation and government agency you chose and how far in the future do each list their meeting dates (1 year, 5 years, 10 years?)
– Based on your textbook readings, and your observations, what are at least two differences between each of these entities pertaining to conference and meeting planning?
2) – How are DMO’s organized and funded? (Reference your textbook within your answer.
– As a meeting planner, please comment on how you would use this website and what value it would offer (http://www.empowermint.com)
3) Briefly discuss the physical attributes of a meeting venue and how they are incorporated into an event.
– State at least two potential hazards (risks) associated with meeting planning.
– Note and discuss at least two negotiation tactics that can be used in contract negotiation. Have you seen these tactics effectively used (or have you used them) in negotiations? Explain.
4) After reading the chapter and exploring the Stronco Show Services briefly discuss at least 3 services that Stronco offers.Also note one observation about the company or its services that may have surprised you or that you found particularly interesting.
– What would you identify as a current trend Stronco has identified and/or is offering?